world shall emerge into the light.” Helen Keller
Greetings from Kansas City!
We just celebrated the strangest Easter I have ever experienced. For me….I slept in, watched church on Facebook, stayed inside because of cold rainy weather and binge watched Netflix. It was hard not being with the people I love and could have felt like any other day. But, we have to remember the reason we celebrate Easter. It is a time when we reflect on what happened on the cross and what the empty tomb means for us. We serve a God that is alive! No matter how isolated, lonely or weird celebrating Easter alone was… we have the truth, the peace… and a God who took on our sins. It is amazing.
To be honest, it is easy to get discouraged in this season. Life looks so different. Relying on technology for all human interaction, wondering when it will end, hearts breaking for those who have been impacted and watching people lose people closest to them. But, there are still glimmers of God working in this season, right?
– We are seeing people “go” to church online, who would never step foot in a church before.
– People are continually searching for answers, for peace…. we know the answer for that is Jesus.
– We have been forced to slow down… to take stock on what is important. A chance to spend more time with Jesus, to be more intentional on who we spend time with (virtually, of course!).
I pray, daily, that God uses this pandemic to show people His love, mercy and grace. I pray people come to Him.
Work and Ministry:
-We are on week five of working from home. I have kinda been able to get in a rhythm with the work schedule and been creative on how best to do my job in this crazy time. Again, I am thankful for technology and the ability to keep in contact with office people, with those in the recruitment pipeline, with people reaching out wanting more information on becoming a part of Avant.
– May 1st is the deadline for this summers trainings. So I have been connecting with people who are in the process of applying. While it seems that this curve ball we have been thrown has slowed some down on applying… but not everyone! Please be praying for those who are trying to figure out what God is asking them to do and when to take the step of faith and turn in an application.
– Avant has definitely been impacted by the virus now. We have had several people in Spain, Italy, and the US sick. We have people in places around the world where they don’t want to be, some have decided to come back to the States for now. As always, you can read our public statement, we put different updates on there.
– Avant has started a fund. As you know, our organization depends on donations. During this time many people are experiencing an increase of expenses related to the coronavirus and some are experiencing a decrease in giving because of financial hardship. This is a temporary solution to help people now. You can learn more here.
Thank you all, as always, for faithfully praying for me and my different ministries over the years. I pray for you all daily and hope you are well. If you have any prayer requests, please let me know, I would love to hear from you!
Stay safe and healthy.